What is Off Page SEO Optimization?
Off page optimization refers to the actions that are performed on a third-party website about your website. It impacts your website rankings on the Search Engine Result Pages (SERP’s).
As many of us know off page optimization means link building. But, off page SEO goes beyond the link building. It also includes many other activities than building a backlink from a third party website.
In on page SEO, the actions are performed on the website in order to make it SEO friendly. While in off page optimization the complete process occurs outside the website that benefits your site in terms of improvement in the ranking on the search engines and incoming traffic as well.
Why is Off Page SEO Optimization important for a website?
The Off site SEO plays a major role in the website’s ability to rank on the search engines. Relevancy, authority, and trustworthiness are the factors that are checked while in off page SEO.
Off page SEO resembles what other’s think about your website. As your link appears on the other websites pointing to your pages indicate that how important your content is. Search engines assume that you have a great content that can provide the valuable information to the visitors.
Off page SEO can be further classified into:
- Link related off-page SEO
- Non-Link off-page SEO
Link Related Off Page SEO:
Link related off page SEO implies building a link from another website to your website. These are called “backlinks”. Building backlinks are one of the important aspects of SEO. These backlinks linked to your content indicates Search Engines about how worthy your content is. So the website with the good amount of quality backlinks / inbound links that are relevant, hold a good amount of Domain Authority and Page Authority provides high value to your website in terms of rankings.
Checklist while doing link building:
- The linking website’s / page’s authority.
- The relevancy of the linking page, how it is related to your topic.
- The anchor text used to link the webpage.
- The trustworthiness of the linking website.
- The Domain Authority and Page Authority of the linking page.
- The number of backlinks the website/webpage has.
Non-Link Off Page SEO:
Creating a brand awareness also includes off page SEO, this also occurs outside the website and helps to improve the search engine rankings of your website. These things include:
- Social Media Marketing
- Guest Blogging
- Influencer Marketing & More
These activities also create an instance or a reference of your website elsewhere on the web with a reference link to your website creates the brand awareness and improving your brand value.
Benefits of Off Page SEO Optimization
The benefits of off page optimization are:
- Improves Rankings: It’s a successful strategy which helps in the increase in search engine rankings.
- Incoming Traffic: Link building is also helpful to attract and drive more incoming traffic to your website
- Creates More Exposure: Along with the inbound links, it also creates brand awareness about your business. More exposure on web leads to more clicks and visits to the website.